THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Kids are so cute...ya gotta luv'em!


Tuesday Emma (our 7 year old) was walking on a curb in a parking lot we were when she fell onto the pavement. She got both legs and one arm scratched up. She was bleeding from her right knee, the worst injury (thank goodness it wasn't any worse). I can't handle seeing someone bleed, I just want to pass out. We got her all cleaned up and bandaged finally. We were an hour from home and she cried about the whole way. I sent her to school yesterday morning with it bandaged up good thinking that through the day she would forget about it. Well, she came home still crying over it, litterally boo hooing. I got worried thinking that maybe she had done more damaged than what I could see so I called our doctor at 4pm to see if they could see us before they left the office. Well, Emma goes limping big time into the waiting room still whining and pitiful. At this point I am feeling so guilty because I had made her go to school with it hurting. She limps back into the examination room and I pick her up and sit her on the table, the nurse pulls the thing out for this poor baby to lay her leg onto. The doctor comes in and talks to us, he pushes around on her knee asking if certain places hurt then he says he is going to get an X-ray.
Limping all th way to the lab she gets up on the table and has her very first X-ray done. She limps back to the examination room and I put her back on the table to wait on the doctor. When the doctor comes in he says "Well, I didn't see anything in the x-ray that I would be concerned about. She can go back to her normal activities. It is just a little bruised but it is okay." He looks at Emma and says "you are okay, you can go now" and when he said that she jumped right off of the table and walked right down the hall... no sign of pain or limping, just like a new person. I said "Emma why were you limping before and now you aren't?" She looked at me as innocently as a 7year old can and said "the doctor said I was okay so I am okay now". I could have fell over when she said that. I felt like a big dummy, I should have known a scratched knee was fine. I don't know if I will ever learn to know when she is just overreacting. So, long story short....I am going to be paying well over $100 to find out "MY DAUGHTER IS A DRAMA QUEEN". LMAO (only until the bill comes).

0 comments: