THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A good weigh-in!!!

Wow, this week's weigh-in was good...finally- a good one. I am just scared that next week the 4 pounds will show back up on the scale. I guess we can always find something to worry about. I have now lost 27 pounds (this is only counting what I have lost during the weightloss challenge, I had already lost 15 pounds before that started) and I feel so much better. My initial goal is now 28 pounds away, but I really think when I reach that I will want to lose maybe 10 more. I will have to see what I feel like at that weight. This is great to not be torturing myself with some crazy diet. I have really made a great life style change that will be with me for the rest of my life. It is nice to know that I have that power over an addiction to food. I think we all have that power.... we just have to be ready to find it and willing to use it. The support I have on the message board has been the foundation of my success....I don't feel like I wouldn't have even came close to this change without my new friends. Maybe that is one reason I couldn't succeed before...without support from people that care and understand it is really almost impossible (just my opinion from experience).

I never would have known how the adoption process can wear someone out so quickly. Between going to parenting classes, visiting her, and still living everyday life and all the things I already have to do, I am exhausted. We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen and I don't know when it is going to be finished. I have all our stuff from the kitchen packed up all over the house, I can't cook or wash any dishes, so we are living on whatever can be microwaved. And in the middle of all of this the agency called yesterday and said they will be here in 6 days for a home study walk thru. OMG!!! Now we are really going to be struggling to get it done before she comes. I would be so embarrassed fo anyone to see my house right now. I am an organization freak and this is killing me. (My motto.... "Organization is the basis of a happy life"....and to me it truly is.) So wish us luck on getting it finished. I know that sounds like plenty of time for most people but my husband works from 12 to 16 hours a day. So he is lucky if he can work on it an hour in the evenings. Oh well....at least life is staying interesting around here anyway. We just have to keep a sense of humor and go on.

0 comments: