THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Southern Thing

I am working hard to build up to more exercise capability and I really do need to quit comparing myself to others. I hadn't even thought about that. I have been worried because the other people on the message boards are talking about higher speeds on the treadmill. I just started on the treadmill a month ago so I guess I am doing good. I have went higher within that month so that is an accomplishment. I am really happy with my weight loss so far.

I wasn't able to work out yesterday because of that pulled muscle and I am going to take it easy today too. I am hoping tomorrow I will feel better and be able to burn some calories. I already know that I am going to have a lower loss in week 2 but that is okay. I am just happy if I maintain this week.

I don't work outside the home. I have the worst possible hobby there is (well, when you think about fitness any way). I want everyone to be warm. I quilt, and to do that I sit alot. That is about all I done before I started this challenge. People call me to make specialty quilts that they can't find anyone else to make for them. I make childrens special theme quilts. I make any size from a baby quilt up to a King size. I really like to make memory quilts for people who have loved ones that have passed away. I make those out of the clothes of the loved one. These give the family some comfort and peace. I love the feeling it gives me when they appreciatte a quilt. I had a lady that called me to make a quilt out of t-shirts. She couldn't find anyone else that woud quilt t-shirt material. Her husband had been involved in the boyscouts since he was a small boy and she wanted me to cut the logos off the shirts into blocks and make a quilt for his birthday. Ofcourse I took that challenge on. They were ecstatic when they got it. That is one of the best feelings in the world when I have made someone happy. I absolutley love making quilts and that is all I want to do constantly.... so I am really having to make some big chages here. I always tell people that my goal in life is to make sure everyone has a handmade quilt. I guess it is a Southern thing, there's nothing like a quilt and I think anyone who never has one is missing out on a good thing. Hand Quilting is becoming a lost talent... very few people do it anymore.

But I know the effort I put into my health is worth every minute of it. I keep telling that when I am smaller and healthier I will be physically able to do so much more than I can now. And I will have plenty of time to make quilts later, I already have a stock pile of them now anyway:)

1 comments:

Kim said...

Lisa, I LOVE quilts!!! I have attempted to make them. In fact I have been working on one for my mom for about 5 years now and have all these strips of blocked material and have no idea where I am in the pattern! Mmeory Quilts!! That gives me a great idea. my friend jsut lost her dad this past December. I wonder if I can get some of his old clothes from her without explaining why I want them. WOuld love to make her a quilt out of his old stuff! Or commission you to!!!