THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 23, 2010

God is good....and I am back:)

I have been in a depression lately but God has brought me out.I am so thankful to be back, I really hate that dark place that I get stuck in. Isn't it a wonderful thing that we have Someone on our side that is big enough to reach down and set us back up on solid ground again? I just don't know how some people make it through this life without Him.

I have been to some very interesting and beautiful places in the past 2 days. I thought I would share some of the adventure with you. Pictures don't really show all the magnificense of these places but it's the most I can give you. These were 3 different places within 15miles of my home. It amazes me that we can have these wonderful blessings so close to us and never know it. Thank God for my best friend taking me there.


These rocks were huge, beautiful, untouched, amazing, and so intriging to me. It still amazes me to look at this picture and see plants growing on ROCKS. Who would've thought. Most of the time I have a heard time getting flowers to grow in the best dirt....and here they grow on rocks.


Huge rocks (ofcourse Emma corrected me and said they are boulders) just stacked up and standing on top of eachother for all these years. How many years have they been standing there? My mind went back to where, in the Bible it says that even the rocks will cry out. Wow, maybe they are getting ready to do just that.

Amazing how these rocks are formed. Holes that let in the light or even a breeze. I walked through these huge holes in amazement at the natural artwork I was seeing. Some of these holes were big enough for a family to live in, which may have been the case at some point in time. Some holes looked like great places for chidren to hide their little secret treasures. I wanted to search them and see if ever a child had the same thought and followed through, but I couldn't bring myself to touch the beauty that has been untouched for so very long. So, it is still a mystery in my own mind.
Walking through this quiet place with all these wonders around me...I felt like I was walking through the woods with Jesus. I could feel him right there.

The picture really doesn't show how this shed is built back into a hollowed out rock (boulder). I wanted to pack up and move in. It amazed me that someone thought of doing this and how pretty it looked in the mist of all the nature.

This grapevine had wrapped around this tree while they were growing and it made beautiful spiral ridges around the tree. God's own artwork.

Even a tree was growing out of this rock. How it grew up the side of them, I will never understand.

Just beautiful.

I took over100 pictures of these places and I plan on sharing on the blog, just not all at once. I have wonderful pictures of the herbs and wildflowers that I seen too. I will have alot to blog about for a while. God is so awesome and sometimes in the mist of our "earthly" hassles of life we forget what our ultimate destiny is. Can you imagine....if it took God 7 days to make earth, as beautiful as it is....Jesus said He was going to prepare us a place over 2000 years ago, how beautiful Heaven must be? Just the thought of it makes the trials all worth it.

0 comments: